Saturday, August 25, 2007

Top Seinfeld Moments

I've gone a little youtube happy this morning, and I'm thinking of doing regular posts on top seinfeld moments. Without further ado, here is a selection of the best from the Merv Griffin show episode, a classic in my view (clip from real Merv Griffin show). I love how into it Kramer gets. "Yeah, we're talking this way". But the actual 'moment' nomination is when George comes in, and Kramer starts playing the theme music, and then asks him the wrong question ("So you and Jerry dated for a while, what was that like?....Wrong card").



It kills me every time. One infinitesimal complaint, however. There are two Seinfeld Kramer incidents where he plays a theme music (the other being on the Kramer bus tour), and for comedic effect, Larry David et al. include on the tape a voice saying `turn music off`. While I love it, and laugh every time, I am nonetheless struck by the fact that no tape would ever have that on it, for it defeats the entire purpose! As a cue to a sound operator, it is a blunt instrument that advertises to the entire audience the behind-the-scenes audio workings, which doesnt seem to me to be desirable. As a joke, its fucking hilarious.

No comments: